Scanographs (5/1)

Comments

  1. I love this couple of booklets. Each one is unique in it's own way, I would love to see the David Hockney idea as a good research for students to know more about art history. The idea is that they are thinking about reproductions, and what it means to alter a piece of art. I believe this would be a good way to start them thinking about art pieces and how they can shape them as well with the help of the scanner. To make a reproduction of a reproduction.

    This project makes me think of Walter Benjamin's book, age of mechanical reproduction, where he is saying that the "aura" of a work of art is devaluated when it becomes reproduced. An argument that I am not too sure how much I agree, or disagree. So explaining students what is the value of an artwork to them, and think about what value becomes if it becomes a new image.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts