On/Off Project (2/3)


For my artistic response, I wanted to reflect the sort of anti-climactic feeling I got in the end when I turned my phone back on. I got Siri to say some very monotone messages and the disappointing message in the end of the one text I missed from my mom. For the record, I did receive more messages and notifications, but the turning on wasn't as dramatic as I had made it up to be.

*Switching off sound courtesy of IanStarGem on Freesound
 https://freesound.org/people/IanStarGem/sounds/278204/

Comments

  1. I really love this project, it is perfectly short and sweet. I definitely sensed the anti-climactic feeling you got when you turned your phone back on again. The glitching screens are very dystopian, and I even see this as being part of a Black Mirror episode or something.  It also really expresses how we rely on technology to stimulate and entertain us, but in the end its not really that stimulating or entertaining. I can see a video project with Siri narrating a mundane morning routine aided by technology. Like “Would you like coffee or tea?” “This is what I found for breakfast choices” “Starting your shower at 110 degrees”.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts