Final Project Ideas (13/2)


For my final project, I rolled Experience, Crafts/Paper, and Digital Drawing and Painting.

The first thing I thought of when I saw crafts/paper was to make some sort of origami or pop-up art that would turn something crafty into a more complex work of art. In my undergrad, I created a sort of pop-up book by cutting and folding paper to make the skyline of Chicago.

I really enjoyed creating this and have been wanting to return to something like it, so I'd like to build on this idea for my final project. I think I'm going to use the word "experience" pretty openly and represent my experiences of first exploring New York City when I moved here last July. Instead of making an accurate cutout of the skyline, I'd like to represent an experience of multi-layered and leveled buildings and create the sort of complex landscape I found moving from the suburbs to the city. I'm going to digitally draw/paint images and then print them out on matte epson paper which I can then use to fold and cut. I'd like to also maybe use the laser cutter instead of an x-acto knife because cutting out all the little windows by hand like I did for my Chicago skyline was exhausting. I hope to really play with different ways of folding and cutting paper to create a 3D landscape of the city. 

Comments

Popular Posts